Like women, men's skin is also classified into many different types such as oily skin, dry skin, normal skin and combination skin. However, unlike the sensitive oily skin of women, men's oily skin has many outstanding advantages.
Therefore, as a skin care professional, you need to know the advantages and disadvantages of men's oily skin to always give the best treatment and advice to customers. This paragraph, Miss Tram Academy Please share with you details about oily skin in men.
Things To Know About Oily Skin And How To Take Care Of It Effectively.
1. What are the characteristics of oily skin?
Oily skin is a type of skin with active oil glands, especially in the T-zone (the skin from the forehead to the nose and to the chin). Due to the oil secretion, the pores of this skin type are often larger than other skin types and are prone to acne such as blackheads and whiteheads. To most accurately assess the condition of the skin's sebum secretion, you need to have the client examine the skin with a dermatoscope.
2. Reasons Why Men's Skin Is Oily
There are many reasons why men's sebaceous glands are more active than usual. Among the main reasons can be mentioned are:
- Due to heredity: Oily skin in men can be inherited from parents, grandparents.
- Diet: An unbalanced diet in men will increase the ability to regulate excess oil, leading to more active sebaceous glands.
- Skincare regime: The process of cleaning - moisturizing the skin improperly will stimulate the sebaceous glands to secrete more excess oil to protect the skin.
- Hormonal fluctuations: During puberty and after puberty in men, the skin secretes a lot of oil. Without proper care, this condition continues into adulthood.
- Stress, prolonged stress: The pressures in life plus bad habits will make the skin secrete more oil than usual.
3. Advantages of Oily Skin
According to research, men's skin tends to be more oily than women's. Besides, men also have thicker skin texture, thicker collagen density and slower aging rate. This makes oily skin in men have many outstanding advantages:
- As an anti-toxin barrier on the skin: The lubricant layer can become a barrier against harmful compounds/elements from the outside air.
- Keep skin moist: Along with the thick outer stratum corneum, the excess oil can keep men's skin moist in dry weather.
- Protects against the negative effects of UV rays: Several studies have shown that lubricants can act as a barrier against the harmful effects of UV rays.
- Brighter skin: With moderate oiliness, men's skin will look soft, shiny, and have a brighter shine.
- The aging process is slowerLubricant oil also contains a natural amount of vitamin E, which has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing effects. As a result, this skin can better "resist" to aging agents and effectively slow down the wrinkle formation process.
4. Cons of Oily Skin
Despite its many advantages, it is undeniable that the disadvantages of oily skin for men are undeniable. After all, this skin problem is also the cause of many acne problems. In particular, without proper care and inappropriate use of cosmetics, excess oil in men will be difficult to balance.
Tips For Male Customers With Oily Skin
For customers with oily skin, you need to consult and carefully analyze the pros and cons of this skin type so that the customer can understand their current skin condition. In particular, oily skin has many levels, with heavy levels, you need to consult the oil balance process for the skin. At the same time, guide customers to note when taking care of their skin at home such as:
- Always make sure to follow the basic skincare routine every day: clean and moisturize thoroughly.
- Always choose suitable and specialized cosmetic lines for oily skin.
- Always wear sunscreen when going outside.
- It is recommended to use effective oil-balancing masks such as: green tea rice bran, clay, mineral mud, bamboo charcoal, etc.
- Exfoliate (2 times a week) and steam your face (1 time a week) to unclog pores.
- Pay attention to a healthy diet and activities, especially on summer days to limit the active sebaceous glands.
- The combination with skin care treatments at the spa and careful skincare at home will make men's oily skin healthier and smoother. From there, they will maximize the advantages and limit the disadvantages in a very effective way.
Above are the shares of Miss Tram Academy about the advantages and disadvantages of oily skin in men. To help customers understand and trust the service, skin care professionals need to understand each client's skin condition first. Therefore, always update with new knowledge to provide the most appropriate courses and instructions.
Hope the above sharing will be useful to you. For any questions or suggestions about articles as well as skin care courses, please contact Miss Tram Academy for quick advice and answers!
You are viewing the article What are the advantages and disadvantages of oily skin in men? in a good forum Blog Share of Miss Tram Academy. All reviews, comments please send directly to the email address [email protected] Or you can comment right below the article. Don't forget to follow other good articles of Miss Tram Academy and share it with everyone.